Law Enforcement Data Request Statement
TIC Media Group will not disclose client data (which may include personal information, together “client data”) in response to requests from law enforcement, governmental, or regulatory agencies except where required to do so by law (for example, in response to valid and properly-served legal process such as a subpoena or search warrant). TIC Media Group will attempt to notify its client prior to disclosing client data unless: (1) prohibited by applicable law from doing so, or (2) there are clear indications of unlawful conduct in connection with the client’s use of TIC Media Group’s services. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, TIC Media Group reserves the right to respond to urgent law enforcement requests if TIC Media Group believes in good faith that an emergency involving imminent danger of death or serious physical injury justifies such disclosure.
What Is Sponsor Content?
“Sponsor Content” consists of: (i) all paid-for content created by the TIC Media Group, Inc. (“TIC”) custom content team (“TIC Custom Content”) in collaboration with advertisers, and served by or appears in any TIC medium and (ii) paid-for content supplied by advertisers that is served by or appears in any TIC medium. The foregoing categories include any paid-for content purchased under the AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions.
Standards And Procedures For Sponsor Content
In addition to the general advertising guidelines established by TIC, the standards listed below apply to Sponsor Content.
- All Sponsor Content, regardless of platform, will comply with TIC’s guiding principles:
- Transparency. All Sponsor Content and marketing messages will be clearly and distinctly differentiated from independent news content.
- Independence. No TIC journalist will participate in the production, editing or promotion of customized content or an advertorial. Sponsor agenda and/or concern will neither dictate nor delay editorial direction.
- Editorial judgment. TIC maintains the right to reject any program, advertiser or speaker whose presence would compromise the TIC brand.
- All Sponsor Content will be appropriately labeled and distinguished from TIC editorial content in form, function and placement through the use of different type fonts, colors and graphics.
- Paid programming, advertorials, and sponsored programs/segments will be clearly and prominently labelled as advertising. No Sponsored Content will imply endorsement of any product or service by TIC, nor will it feature any recognizable TIC names or logos.
- TIC may, in its sole discretion, allow the use of a TIC Custom Content logo to be used in Sponsor Content. The design and placement of such logo will be at the discretion of TIC, and any and all such uses shall be subject to TIC’s prior written approval.
- All Sponsor Content must be approved in advance and in writing by a TIC Custom Content editor before it appears on any TIC medium.
- Sponsor Content is neither produced by nor contributed to by any editorial team member of any TIC medium, nor does it necessarily reflect the views of the editors of any TIC medium. A disclaimer similar to the following will be included with all Sponsor Content: “A sponsor paid for the creation and placement of the content on this page. No editorial member of any TIC medium contributed to any part of its creation, and it does not necessarily reflect the editorial views of TIC Media Group, Inc., or any of its affiliated entities.”
- TIC may, in its sole discretion, include a more detailed disclaimer with certain Sponsor Content.
- TIC reserves the right to refuse or remove any program, advertiser or speaker that in any way: (i) disparages, defames or discredits TIC or its products or services or otherwise compromises- in quality or presence- TIC’s brand or (ii) is false, misleading, deceptive or illegal.
- Where Sponsor Content allows user participation, the moderation and functionality of this element will be determined and implemented solely by TIC and will be subject to the general Terms of Service for the applicable TIC medium.
- In the case of Sponsored events, sponsors will be clearly identified to all on-site participants and in marketing materials tied to the relevant conference or event in language that indicates their role as underwriters. TIC does not guarantee speaking roles or other on-stage participation for paying sponsors and maintains editorial control and veto power.
Social Media Participation/Submission Terms
By posting or submitting material (i.e., user-generated content, including, but not limited to: comments, forum messages, text, video, audio, and photographs) (each, a “Submission”) to this site and any other site owned by TIC Media Group, Inc., and its affiliates (collectively, “TIC”) , you grant to TIC a perpetual, nonexclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable (in whole or in part) worldwide right and license in any and all media, now known or later developed, to use, publish, reproduce, display, modify, transmit digitally, create derivative works based upon, distribute, copy and otherwise exploit such Submission (including, without limitation, any names, voices, likenesses, performances and actions contained therein), including any Submission to this and any other site owned by TIC Media Group, through a third party site or application, for any purpose whatsoever (including, without limitation, advertising, commercial, promotional and publicity purposes) in TIC Media’s discretion without additional notice, attribution or consideration to you or to any other person or entity.
You certify that you are the original author or creator of your Submission (except as expressly indicated otherwise), that neither the permission nor consent of any other person or entity is required to enable TIC Media to legally use your Submission in accordance with this license and that TIC Media’s use of your Submission in accordance with this license will not violate or infringe upon the rights of any person or entity. You agree to forever release and discharge TIC Media and its licensees from any and all claims you may have in connection with TIC Media’s use of your Submission in accordance with this license. You agree that this authorization contains the full and complete understanding between TIC Media and you regarding TIC Media’s use of your Submission and cannot be modified except by a document signed by TIC Media and you. You further certify that you have read the foregoing and any relevant website terms of service, including any restrictions of use found in the terms of service located at www.TICMediaGroup.com/tos, fully understand their meaning and effect, and intend to be legally bound by their terms.